Studies confirm that in home care services are preferred by most seniors as they age or recover from illness. Staying in a familiar atmosphere is better than facilities, when possible, as the senior is not pulled out of his or her usual life, and that contributes significantly to successful recovery and stabilization of health. Not to mention, with in home care Raleigh, the assistance is one-on-one personal care with a personalized care plan to fit the client’s needs.
What Is In Home Care?
Each home care or home health care agency offers a wide range of services, including:
- Assistance with activities of daily living – bathing/showering, dressing/grooming, meal preparation, medication reminders, toileting, light housekeeping and laundry
- Transportation to appointments, errands, shopping
- Many Home Healthcare Agencies offer skilled nursing services in addition to the services listed above. Skilled nursing includes wound care, ostomy and catheter management, feeding tube, injections, pain management, etc.
Whether you are actively searching for in home care or planning ahead, it is crucial to define the qualities of reputable in home care providers to get the top quality care that your loved one deserves. Allcare Home Health Agency, Inc. has prepared a list of qualities and tips for hiring a true professional to assist you in making an informed decision.
Top Qualities of a Reputable In Home Care Provider
Once you have determined the care needs of your loved one, under the direction of his or her medical professional, it’s time to find your in home professionals. Thorough research of agencies is time consuming, but all in all, you will be confident in your choice.
Some of the qualities of reputable care agencies are as follows:
- Clear, detailed information outlining services and cost
- License and insurance information
- Information about the experience and hiring qualifications of the agency’s caregivers, including assurance of thorough background checks and work history
- Clear explanation of the in-take process and ongoing communication
- Certifications and accreditation
- Customer reviews
Questions to Ask a Care Provider
With so many agencies around, selecting the right one can be a challenge. Some things may be easy to check, but it’s important to know what questions to ask in order to choose the care provider that is right for your loved one.
We have put together a list of questions to start the conversation when interviewing in home care agencies:
- How long have you been in operation?
- Are you licensed by the state? Insured?
- Are you accredited?
- How are your caregivers selected? Is there ongoing training?
- What services do your caregivers perform?
- Is there someone to answer calls during non-business hours?
Why Allcare Home Health Agency, Inc. is the Right Choice!
Allcare provides a wide number of services that offer the best assistance for those who need it. In addition to the services listed above, we offer Skilled Nursing services and Respite care for family caregivers who need a break. Allcare employs skilled, experienced caregivers to provide our clients with the best care according to their needs. including:
- Professional employees with thoroughly checked backgrounds and ongoing training throughout the year.
- Caregiver matching process. Our team works to match the right caregiver for our client, not only the professional skills, but the personality as well. We want to create a trustful and pleasant long-term relationship, so you can rest assured that we’ll find the best caregiver for your loved one.
- Development of an individualized plan of care with adjustments as needed.
- Emergency response. A staff member is available 24/7 365 days a year!
Allcare Home Health Agency, Inc. offers quality, in home care Raleigh. We are available 24X7, 365 days a year for your home health care needs. Call (919) 301-0236 today for more information.